Services for Homeless Students and Families

The Lamont Elementary School District is committed to communicating community resources to access available mental health resources (AB 2022, Education Code 49428) and homeless services. (AB27).  The Homeless Liaison is Jennifer Wood-Slayton, Project Director.  She can be reached by phone at 661-845-2724 or by email at Please contact her for information regarding educational rights and resources available to persons experiencing homelessness. Each Lamont Elementary School District school administers a CDE housing questionnaire to all families annually and when there is a change in living arrangement, and reports to CDE the number of homeless children and unaccompanied youths enrolled in the district.  Required training is administered to district liaison and other appropriate staff at least annually.  
Children who qualify for services may have the right to:
- Immediate enrollment in the school they last attended or the local school where they are currently staying, even without all the documents normally required at the time of enrollment.  
- Continue to attend their school of origin, if requested by the parent/guardian and in the best interest of the child.
- Receive transportation to and from their school origin, the same special programs and services, if needed, as provided to all other children, including free meals and Title I.
- Receive the full protections and services provided under all federal and state laws, as it relates to homeless children, youth, and their families.  


If you or your family need assistance with homeless, or other, services, you can find all of the available services and resources to support your family through our Family Resource Center. You can call 661-845-2724 or visit at 7915 Burgundy Avenue during office hours (8am to 5pm Monday through Friday), or visit the website at You can also ask your school site to connect you to the Family Resource Center and someone can reach out to you. 

For assistance finding resources after hours, you can call 2-1-1, or visit