Lamont Elementary School District’s
After School Program
The Lamont Elementary School District After School Program operates every day after school until at least 6:00 p.m. at four sites 3 elementary and 1 middle school), providing students with a safe place to complete homework, receive tutoring, play sports, and participate in a variety of academic enrichment.
The primary mission of the After School Program in the Lamont School District
is to develop within each student a positive self-image
and to teach all students the necessary skills to enable them
to acquire and use knowledge in a positive, productive manner.
Our Four Main Goals include the following:
- To provide students with health snacks and supper
- To support students’ academic growth through homework assistance
- To enrich students’ experiences through Art, Music, and STEM
- To promote students’ health living through physical activities
- An educational and literacy component where tutoring or homework assistance is provided in one or more of the following area: language arts, mathematics, history and social science, or science. This component should support the school’s core curriculum and the district/state standards. Reading and math skill development will be the primary focus of the academic component since district-wide scores are lowest in these areas.
- The educational enrichment element must offer an array of additional services, programs, and activities that reinforce and complement the school’s academic program. Enrichment activities may be designed to enhance the core curriculum.
- All students should attend the ASP five days a week (every school day) for the full length of the program.
- The program must operate for a minimum of three hours a day and at least until 6:00 p.m. on every regular school day (See exceptions in accordance with the district early release policy).
The program must maintain a pupil-to-staff ratio of no more that 20 to 1.
Congratulations to the staff of the Alicante After School Program for their recognition as the Site of the Month!!!