Welcome to our Health Services page which will provide you with information on the following:
The California Health and Safety Code requires that every child entering a California school be immunized against Polio, Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis B and Varicella according to regulation of the State Health Department. If your child has not fulfilled these requirements, exclusion from attendance at school may be enforced.
State law requires that these immunizations be completed/or up-dated for continued school attendance.
Children may be re-admitted to school as soon as evidence is presented that the necessary immunizations have been started. If you already have records to prove that your child has received the required immunizations, please present these to the school immediately.
Your child may receive the required immunizations from the local health department or from local clinic or a private physician. For more information on the next local health department clinic being held, you may contact your local health department. You can find more information regarding the health department services by accessing the link below.
County of Kern, Public Health Services Department is located at 1800 Mt. Vernon Avenue, Bakersfield, CA 93306 - Main Phone: (661) 321-3000
For Athletic Directors and Coaches
- Top 10 Signs Your Child Needs Vision Correction
- Color Deficiency Information for Parents
- Color Blindness: Causes, Symptoms and how to Adapt
- Visual Acuity: Is "20/20" perfect Vision?
Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) Prevention Act (AB 1639)
- SCA Warning Signs and Symptoms Information and Acknowledgement Form
- Formulario de Informacion y Reconocimiento de SCA Senales y Sintomas
- SCA Risk and Symptoms
- Fact Sheet (ENGLISH) and (ESPANOL)
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding SCA Prevention
- Eat Healthy Your food choices each day affect your health - how you feel today, tomorrow, and in the future. Good nutrition is an important part of leading a healthy lifestyle. Take a small step to better nutrition today and move toward a healthier you. For more information please click on this link Eat Healthy
- This link will provide you with health and delicious recipes Heart-Healthy Cooking
AED and school emergencies